Smoky, salty bacon pairs beautifully with slightly bitter, vegetal kale. Even better, this recipe is super-fast to prepare!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound bacon (ideally nitrate-free), diced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups, packed chopped fresh kale leaves
- 3 tbsp raspberry, red wine or Sherry vinegar
- 4 grinds black pepper
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Brush a 10-inch nonstick skillet with the oil, and heat over medium. When warm, add the bacon and onion, and sauté until the onion softens, the bacon becomes slightly crisp and golden, and all of the liquid has evaporated, about 15 minutes. Carefully pour out and discard the fat in the pan.
- Add the kale, and sauté for one minute. Add the vinegar, and cook for another minute. Add the pepper to the beaten eggs, and whisk well. Pour the egg-pepper mixture into the pan, and cook until set on the edges, about one minute. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake until the eggs are fully cooked, about 15 minutes. Slice and serve.